Build your resume, start Volunteering!
Volunteering, also know as Service, in our community is an amazing way to give back, and it’s also a unique opportunity for earning a service learning credit. Please go to the Youth Service - Community Volunteering Website for more information *Be sure to visit my.innerview.org for all updated opportunities.
1. BrainPower in a Backpack: Meet after school on Thursdays in the cafeteria from 2:45p-4p. BrainPower in a BackPack Thursday weekend food pack for students in need. Join us packing weekend food packages for preschool, elementary, middle and high school students. The activity bus is available starting at 4:30 PM
2. Food Pantry: Meet after school on Tuesdays at the Diamondhead Education Center from 2:45p-4p. 191 Community Pantry Fresh Produce Distribution is Tuesday at Diamondhead Education Center – Door 9 Entrance -- Pleasant Avenue. You must have transportation arranged to pick you up after the pack is complete.
For BHS & BAHS Students -- you can start right after school at Diamondhead Education Center outside Door 9, Pleasant Avenue Entrance For BHS PSEO Students or those with a more flexible schedule -- the packing for the Pantry's Fresh Produce Distribution starts at 1:00 PM outside Door 9, Pleasant Avenue Entrance
3. The Free Book Buggie. Sat 11/12, 11/19, 11/26, 12/3, 12/10 will be the Free Book Buggie book sort event from 10a-12p. This event asks volunteers to count book donations, sort donated books by reading level and category, and load books into buggy for upcoming events.
4. PALS and BYC Mentoring Programs starting: Please complete the appropriate application form to mentor with our PALS program (pre K-5th) and BYC program (6-8). You will be responsible for assisting the classroom teacher in homework support as well as activities, games, and fun. For more information contact Allison Jordan email@example.com.
5. Gideon Pond Elementary Volunteers needed to help support students from 3-4p working with the kindergarten, 1st, or 2nd grade students. Volunteers would work with teaching supervisors while the students participate in specialist classrooms (music, gym, DLS, art) or in the classroom during discovery/center time. If interested please contact Ms. Molly Lynch at email at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Harriet Bishop Elementary Volunteers needed to help support students from 3-4p working with students one on one, helping with dismissal, and supporting the teaching staff . Volunteers would work with teaching supervisors. If interested please contact Mr. Ken Essay at email at email@example.com
7. City of Savage Secret Holiday Shop The Annual Secret Holiday Shop is an opportunity for kids of all ages to do holiday shopping for their family and friends without their parents. Volunteers will assist children in selecting from a variety of gifts for purchase, ranging in price from $0.50 to $12.Event date is Saturday Dec. 3rd from 8:30a-11a
DOCUMENTING SERVICE & SETTING UP YOUR ACCOUNT IN INNERVIEW: For information on how to register for the InnerView Hours Documentation system or how to input hours you have accumulated since May 1st 2022 through April 15th 2023 please select this link.