Earn high school credit for volunteering!
Service to our community is an amazing way to give back, and it’s also a unique opportunity for earning a service learning credit.
Youth Service Credit Application There are 2 requirements to earn the Burnsville High School Youth Service Credit. (1) You must complete a total of 80 hours to earn 1 full credit (40 hours per semester for .5 of a credit) and (2) you must complete a written reflection based on a prompt provided.
Please complete the following form and submit no later than 12:00 pm on Friday January 13th, 2023. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Many Opportunities to Volunteer at!
Please go to the Youth Service-Community Volunteering Website for more information
*Be sure to visit my.innerview.org for all updated opportunities.
1. Holiday Volunteering at Diamondhead Education Center FridayDecember 16th,volunteers are needed for a free family event at the Diamondhead Education Center 200 W. Burnsville 55337 Door 1 from 4:45p-7:15p. Please contact Eddeica Ontiveros at email@example.com if you are interested.
Dec. 13, Jan. 11, Feb. 14th, March 13, April 11, May 9 childcare is needed at the PTO meetings from 6:20p-8p in the William Byrne gym, next to the parent meeting in the cafeteria. We are seeking at least 2 volunteers each session. The WB Leadership will get you set up in the gym and go through expectations. There are generally around 10 youth which require supervision. If interested, please contact the PTO main email address williambyrnePTO@gmail.com. In the subject line please put PTO Volunteer and the date you would like to volunteer. In the body of the email, please state your name, email address and a phone number in which you can be reached.
Subject: PTO Volunteer Dec. 13th
Body: My name is Courtnee Floback and I am interested in volunteering on Dec. 13th. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and my phone number is 952-707-2116. Thank you for your consideration.
3.BrainPower in a Backpack: Meet after school on Thursdays in the cafeteria from 2:45p-4p. BrainPower in a BackPack Thursday weekend food pack for students in need. Join us packing weekend food packages for preschool, elementary, middle and high school students. The activity bus is available starting at 4:30 PM
4. Food Pantry: Meet after school on Tuesdays at the Diamondhead Education Center from 2:45p-4p. 191 Community Pantry Fresh Produce Distribution is Tuesday at Diamondhead Education Center – Door 9 Entrance -- Pleasant Avenue. You must have transportation arranged to pick you up after the pack is complete.
For BHS & BAHS Students -- you can start right after school at Diamondhead Education Center outside Door 9, Pleasant Avenue Entrance For BHS PSEO Students or those with a more flexible schedule -- the packing for the Pantry's Fresh Produce Distribution starts at 1:00 PM outside Door 9, Pleasant Avenue Entrance
5. The Free Book Buggie. Sat 11/12, 11/19, 11/26, 12/3, 12/10, 12/17, 12/31 will be the Free Book Buggie book sort event from 10a-12p. This event asks volunteers to count book donations, sort donated books by reading level and category, and load books into buggy for upcoming events.
6. PALS and BYC Mentoring Programs starting: Please complete the appropriate application form to mentor with our PALS program (pre K-5th) and BYC program (6-8). You will be responsible for assisting the classroom teacher in homework support as well as activities, games, and fun. For more information contact Allison Jordan email@example.com.
7. Gideon Pond Elementary Volunteers needed to help support students from 3-4p working with the kindergarten, 1st, or 2nd grade students. Volunteers would work with teaching supervisors while the students participate in specialist classrooms (music, gym, DLS, art) or in the classroom during discovery/center time. If interested please contact Ms. Molly Lynch at email at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Harriet Bishop Elementary Volunteers needed to help support students from 3-4p working with students one on one, helping with dismissal, and supporting the teaching staff . Volunteers would work with teaching supervisors. If interested please contact Mr. Ken Essay at email at email@example.com
9. Media Shelving and Sorting Volunteers Needed @ William Byrne Elementary Volunteers needed to help with the Media staff at William Byrne after school from 3p-4p. Help is needed 3-4 times a week January 9th - February 3. If interested or you would like additional information please contact Mrs. Katie Salmela at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOCUMENTING SERVICE & SETTING UP YOUR ACCOUNT IN INNERVIEW: For information on how to register for the InnerView Hours Documentation system or how to input hours you have accumulated since May 1st 2022 through April 15th 2023 please select this link.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions.