College & Career Center
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) the Career Center is temporarily closed. However, students can learn about college and careers through virtual meetings planned throughout the year.
Marcia Sexton, College & Career Specialist, will be answering emails and will be available for appointments through Google Meet and ZOOM to help answer questions about:
- College Applications
- Accuplacer testing
- General concerns about college and career
Naviance Student is a comprehensive website that you and your student can use to make plans about colleges and careers. Naviance Student is linked with Hobsons, a service that we use in our office to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that’s specific to our school.
Naviance Student allows your student to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete online surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school for students who have applied and been admitted in the past
- Research careers – Research hundreds of careers and career clusters, and take career assessments
- Create plans for the future – Create goals and to-dos, and complete tasks assigned by the school to better prepare your student for future college and career goals.
Naviance Student also lets us share information with you and your student about upcoming meetings and events, local scholarship opportunities, and other resources for college and career information.
Naviance is available in students' 191Apps account.