The Guidance and Counseling Staff at Burnsville High School provides developmental, as well as pro-active, preventative and remedial services for students. This involves a cooperative effort among students, staff members, parents and the community. Their purpose is to empower all learners to lead satisfying and productive lives by assisting them in identifying and achieving educational, career, personal and social goals. We are here to help by working with academic issues, educational and career planning, as well as personal concerns.
The Role of a School Counselor
- School counselors are actively committed to helping students explore their abilities, strengths, interests and talents as these traits relate to career awareness and development.
- School counselors help parents focus on ways to further the education, personal and social growth of students.
- School counselors work with teachers and other educators to help students explore their potential and set realistic goals for themselves.
- School counselors seek to identify and utilize community resources that can enhance and compliment comprehensive school counseling programs and help students become productive members of society.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs are considered an integral part of the educational process that enables all students to achieve success in school.
Meet Your Counselor
Carlene Moberg, Guidance Secretary
Deb Scherer, Guidance Secretary
Associate of Arts Program
PATHWAY COORDINATOR and COUNSELOR - Becky Akerson